The popup menu contains the following commands:
- Save File
- Saves changes to the currently displayed file.
- Save File As
- Saves a file to a new name.
- Save All Files
- Saves all open files that were modified.
- Find Usages
- Shows all files in which the selected module, architecture, entity, or signal is located.
- Go to Definition
- Shows the definition for the selected module, architecture, entity, or signal.
- Undoes changes in sequential order.
- Redoes changes in sequential order.
- Cuts selected text to the clipboard.
- Copies selected text to the clipboard.
- Pastes the contents of the clipboard to the cursor location.
- Duplicate Selection
- Copies the selected text and pastes it to the cursor location, immediately in front of the current selection.
- Select All
- Selects all text in the Text Editor.
- Toggle column selection mode
- Specifies whether to select a block of text characters as a grid of rows and columns or as lines of text. This command can be toggled on or off.
- Finds and replaces text in the current file.
- Find in Files/Replace in Files
- Opens the Find in Files dialog box for you to enter text strings for searching the selected files. The Find in Files window displays at the bottom of the Vivado IDE environment with the results of the search. You can replace the search string with a new string using the Replace in Files command.
- Indent Selection/Unindent Selection
- Inserts or removes a tab space on the selected line or lines.
- Toggle Line Comments
- Selects a line of text or group of lines, and inserts a line comment symbol at the start of the line. This command removes the line comment symbol if the selected lines currently contain the comment symbol.
- Toggle Block Comments
- Adds or removes a block comment (
/*...*/) at the start and end of a selected block of text. This command is useful for commenting out a section of text in a single command.Note: The comment symbol inserted is contextually dependent on the type of file displayed. This command is only available for Verilog, SystemVerilog, and VHDL.
- Blank Operations
- Configures the display of tabs, spaces, and special characters for the
selected text. If no text is selected, configures the display for the entire
- Trim Leading Whitespace
- Removes the leading whitespace for the selected text. This operation works on the entire document if no text is selected.
- Trim Trailing Whitespace
- Removes the trailing whitespace for the selected text. This operation works on the entire document if no text is selected.
- Trim Leading and Trailing Whitespace
- Combines the actions of the previous two commands, trimming both the leading and trailing whitespace. This operation works on the entire document if no text is selected.
- TAB to Space
- Converts each tab character into a space character.
- Space to TAB
- Converts each space character into a tab character.
- Show Special Characters
- Displays special characters that are typically hidden, such as tabs, spaces, and end-of-line characters.
- Diff with <File_Name>
- Opens the File Compare dialog box
(shown in the following figure) and performs a comparison of the current
file and the file you select.Note: You must have both files you want to compare loaded in the Text Editor.
- Collapses and expands text based on hierarchy, making it easier to navigate
and edit large files.
Note: To enable or disable code folding, select , click the Text Editor category, and select or deselect the Perform Code Folding option.
- Expand Current
- Expands the text at the cursor location.
- Collapse Current
- Collapses the text around the cursor location.
- Expand All
- Expands all text in the current file.
- Collapse All
- Collapses all text in the current file.
- Expand Comments
- Expands all comments in the current file.
- Collapse Comments
- Collapses all comments in the current file.
- Insert Template
- Inserts the currently selected Language Template into your text file at the location of your cursor.
Figure 1. File Compare Dialog Box