You can click the Add Gadget button to open the Configure Gadget dialog box (shown in the following figure), which allows you to create a gadget that shows customized data for your runs. In the Configure Gadget dialog box, set the following options, and click OK to add the gadget to your Dashboard.
Note: You can also open the Configure Gadget dialog box using the Edit button in the gadget header.
- Specify a name to identify the gadget for use in running Tcl commands.
- Select the report type to use to generate the gadget data (for example, Timing).
- Run Type
- Select either the Synthesis or Implementation run.
- If you are analyzing an Implementation run, select an implementation stage (for example, Place), or select All Stages. If you are analyzing a Synthesis run, only one stage is available.
- View Type
- Set the gadget to display as a graph or as a table. You can change the display after adding the gadget using the Graph/Table toolbar button / in the gadget header.
- Select a Vertical or Horizontal
orientation for the graph.Note: This is not available for tables.
- Select reports from one or more runs to display related data for your gadget.
- Select the statistics to display in the gadget. The available statistics are based on the selected reports.
- Hide Unused Data
- Select this option to hide statistics entries that contain no data. To display all statistics, deselect this option.
To customize the gadget layout:
- To move a gadget, click and drag the gadget to any location in the Dashboard.
- To widen or narrow the gadget along with all gadgets in the selected column, click and drag the edge of the gadget.
- To view or hide data in the Dashboard, use the Maximize or Collapse toolbar button in the gadget header.
Figure 1. Configure Gadget Dialog Box