The Package window (shown in the following figure) displays the physical characteristics of the target Xilinx part. This window is used primarily during the I/O planning process or during port placement. Pin types display in different colors and shapes for better visualization. For information on using the Package window for I/O planning, see the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: I/O and Clock Planning (UG899). To open the Package window, select .
In the Package window, you can do the following:
- Drag ports into the Package window
for assignment, and reassign placed cells to other I/O pins within the
Package window.Note: Autocheck I/O Placement is on by default, allowing only legal pin placement during drag and drop.
- Visualize pins and I/O banks as follows:
- VCC and GND pins show as red VCC symbols and green GND symbols.
- Clock-capable pins display as hexagon pins.
- User and multipurpose pins display as circles.
- Colored regions display the different I/O banks on the device.
- Move the cursor within the Package window to show the I/O pin coordinates actively on the top and left sides of the window.
- Hold the cursor over a pin to show a tooltip that displays the pin information. Additional I/O pin and bank information displays in the Information bar located at the bottom of the environment in the status bar.
- Select I/O pins or banks to cross probe between the Device and Package windows, and see pin information in the Package Pins Properties window.