The New Project wizard takes you through the steps to define a project name and location, add source files and constraint files to the project, and select a target device. Refer to Vivado Naming Conventions for information on naming files and projects.
- In the Vivado IDE, select . Note: Alternatively, you can also select Create Project on the Getting Started Page.
- In the New Project wizard, review the overview, and click Next.
- In the Project Name
page, set the following options, and click Next.
Note: By default, this check box is enabled and the project file (.xpr extension) is created at <project_location>/<project_name>. All folders and data files created for the project are stored in the <project_name> subdirectory. If you disable this check box, the project file (.xpr extension) is created at <project_location>, and all folders and data files created for the project are stored in that project location.
- Project name: Specifies the name of the project (for example, project_1).
- Project location: Specifies the location for the new project directory.
- Create Project Subdirectory: Adds a subdirectory with the same name as the project to the specified project location.
- In the Project Type
page, specify the type of project, which determines the types of source files
that are associated with the project.