Some complex subsystem IP do not allow changes to the
IS_MANAGED property. This condition is applicable for IP supporting 7
series and UltraScale device families.
Whether or not a subsystem IP allows the
IS_MANAGED property to be changed depends on particular customization options of the specific IP.
Editing the RTL files of such IP has risks. It is possible to make a change that invalidates the connectivity to the sub-cores. Making changes to these IP HDL sources should be carefully considered.
- Make sure the IP has been fully generated using OOC per IP for the synthesis option. You will need to have an existing design run for the IP present.
- Set the IS_MANAGED property to false, which will turn the IS_LOCKED property to true. For complex subsystem IP that do not allow changes to the IS_MANAGED property, set the IS_LOCKED property to true.
- This puts the IP under user management. CAUTION:Once you set IS_MANAGED property to false, the IP is user-managed. You cannot then switch the property back to true as there is a reasonably high risk of the user's edited sources being overwritten.
- Find the IP RTL file that requires the edit and make changes as needed. You must either:
- Change to another editor using Tools > Options > General in the text editor section.
- Edit the files directly on disk using your text editor of choice.
- Recreate the IP output products, including the DCP, as follows:
- Reset the IP OOC run using the Tcl Console.
- Look at the Design Runs tab in the Out-of-Context Module Runs folder, and find the IP you want to re-synthesize; it as called
- Execute the following in the Tcl Console to reset the run:
- Re-launch the run using the following command in the Tcl Console:
This uses any of the HDL or constraints of the IP that you modified.
After the run completes, you can use the IP as before.
Note: Because subsystem IP do not allow the changing of the
IS_MANAGEDproperty there is not any visual indication to show that you have made changes. It is up to the user to keep track of IP that have been modified.