You can display the full hierarchical name (long name), the simple signal or bus name (short name), or a custom name for each design wave object. The object name displays in the Name column of the wave configuration. If the name is hidden:
- Expand the Name column until you see the entire name.
- In the Name column, use the scroll bar to view the name.
To change the display name:
- Select one or more signal or bus names. Use Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select many signal names.
- Right-click and select Name from the drop-down menu. A
popup menu appears, showing the following options:
Tip: Renaming a wave object changes the name display mode to Custom. To restore the original name display mode, change the display mode to Long or Short, as described above. Long and Short names are meaningful only to design wave objects. Other wave objects (dividers, groups, and virtual buses) display their Custom names by default and display an ID string for their Long and Short names.
- Long to display the full hierarchical name of the design object.
- Short to display only the name of the signal or bus.
- Custom to display the custom name given to the object when renamed. See Changing the Object Display Name.