Use a marker when you want to mark a significant event within your waveform in a permanent fashion. Markers let you measure times relevant to that marked event.
You can add, move, and delete markers as follows:
- You add markers to the wave configuration at the location of the main cursor.
- Place the main cursor at the time where you want to add the marker by clicking in the Wave window at the time or on the transition.
A marker is placed at the cursor, or slightly offset if a marker already exists at the location of the cursor. The time of the marker displays at the top of the line.
To create a new wave marker, use the Tcl command:
add_wave_marker <time> <timeunit> -name <name of the marker> -into <wcfg file>
You can move the marker to another location in the Wave window using the drag and drop method. Click the marker label (at the top of the marker or marker line) and drag it to the location.
- As you drag the marker in the Wave window, you see a hollow or filled-in circle if the Snap to Transition option is selected in the Waveform Settings window, which is the default behavior.
- A filled-in circle indicates that you are hovering over a transition of the waveform for the selected signal or over another marker.
- For markers, the filled-in circle is white.
- A hollow circle indicates that the
marker is locked in on a transition of the waveform under the mouse or on
Release the mouse key to drop the marker to the new location.
- You can delete one or all markers with one command. Right-click over a marker, and do one of the
- Select Delete Marker from the popup menu to delete a single marker.
- Select Delete All Markers from the popup menu to delete all markers.
You can also use the Delete key to delete a selected marker.
See the Vivado Design Suite help or the Vivado Design Suite Tcl Command Reference Guide (UG835) for command usage.