Click the Settings button to open the Waveform Settings as shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. Waveform Settings
From the General tab, you can configure the following Waveform Settings:
- Radix: Sets the numerical format to use for newly-created design wave objects.
Elide Setting: Controls truncation of signal names that are too long for the Wave window.
- Left truncates the left end of long names.
- Right truncates the right end of long names.
- Middle preserves both the left and right ends, omitting the middle part of long names.
- Draw Waveform Shadow: Creates a shaded representation of the waveform.
- Show signal indices: Displays the row numbers to the left of each wave object name. You can drag the lines separating the row numbers to change the height of a wave object.
- Show grid lines: Displays the wave window with grid lines.
- Snap to Transition: When selected, causes dragged cursors and markers to gravitate to waveform transitions near the mouse cursor. See Using Cursors for more information.
Floating Ruler: Displays the floating ruler whenever the secondary cursor is visible or a marker is selected. See Using the Floating Ruler for more information.
Tip: If Floating Ruler option appears disabled (unchecked) in the Settings dialog box, use Shift+Click on the Wave window to make the secondary cursor visible. This action results in enabling the Floating Ruler option in the Settings dialog box.
- From the Colors tab, you can set colors of items within the waveform.