The QoR Suggestions report is split into a summary section with each suggestion at the top, and details on those suggestions in the bottom half of the report. The following table shows an example of the report generated.
In the report under Suggestion Report, there is a list of all suggestions. These are presented in four categories. They can be considered in the following pairs:
- GENERATED and EXISTING
- Generated suggestions are newly generated at the current stage of the flow.
- Existing suggestions might have come from earlier in the flow, or by reading in an RQS file.
- APPLIED and FAILED TO APPLY
- Applied suggestions are suggestions that have been enabled and the APPLICABLE_FOR stage has been passed. They have been successfully applied.
- Failed to apply suggestions have been enabled and passed through the APPLICABLE_FOR stage but were not successfully applied. Examine the log file to understand why suggestions have not been not applied. Applied suggestions are suggestions that have been enabled and the APPLICABLE_FOR stage has been passed. They have been successfully applied.
The lower half of the report contains details on the suggestions
generated. It is split into the following categories in which
report_qor_suggestions analyzes the design:
When looking at GENERATED suggestions, the detailed section should provide sufficient information so that you can infer why the suggestion has been reported. It is possible to cross-probe from the details section for GENERATED suggestions. The following cross-probing methods are useful:
- Selecting objects to highlight objects in other windows (for example, Device view)
- Pressing F4 to show schematics of selected objects
- Right-clicking on objects to generate a timing report
When looking at EXISTING suggestions, it is possible that the objects have been
modified and do not exist (for example,
might remove objects from the netlist). For this reason, cross-probing is not always
available when selecting EXISTING suggestions.
For each suggestion, additional columns in the report provide useful information about how the suggestion should work. The details of these columns are shown in the following table.
|GENERATED_AT||Design stage (for example,
||Stage at which the suggestion was generated.|
|APPLICABLE_FOR||Design stage (for example,
||Stage which must be rerun with the suggestion enabled.|
|SOURCE||An RQS file, or
||Where the suggestion source is.|
|AUTOMATIC||Yes, No||Describes if Vivado tools can automatically execute the suggestion or it is a manual suggestion.|
|SUGGESTION_SCOPE||GLOBALSCOPE, OOC top module||Used to enable OOC synthesis to automatically scope synthesis suggestions.|