Figure 1. Report Datasheet Dialog Box: Groups Tab
The Report Datasheet dialog box Groups tab allows you to define your own custom group of ports for analysis by specifying the reference port and additional ports to report. When Groups are not specified, the timer automatically finds the group of output ports based on the launching clock, and reports skew based on that clock.
The Report Datasheet dialog box Groups tab includes:
- Reference: Specifies the reference port for skew calculation. In most cases, this will be a clock port of a source synchronous output interface.
Equivalent Tcl option:
- Ports: Defines additional ports to report.
- Notice the + and - (plus and minus) buttons to the right of the Ports field.
- The + (plus) button specifies multiple groups, each with its own reference clock port allowing you to define a new group of ports, including a new reference port.
- The - (minus) button removes additional groups of ports as needed.