The AMD Vivado™ Integrated Design Environment power-related capabilities enable the following estimation and analysis features throughout the implementation of your design.
- Reporting the thermal characteristics that impact the static power of the design,
- Thermal statistics, such as junction and ambient temperature values
- Data on board selection, including number of board layers and board temperature
- Data on the selection of airflow and the heat sink profile used by the design
- Reporting the device current requirements from the different power supply sources
- Allowing detailed power distribution analysis to guide power saving strategies to reduce dynamic, thermal or off-chip power
The following figure shows the typical power analysis flow. This includes the main steps required to ensure appropriate tool input and settings before running power analysis, which ensures the most accurate results. You can run power estimation and analysis commands from the Vivado Integrated Design Environment or the Tcl prompt.