GTM is configured using the GTM IP wizard within IP integrator block design of the IP catalog as shown in the following figure:
All major parameters required for Report Power analysis can be set using UNISIM properties. The UNISIM properties are as follows:
- This is the GTM signal modulation scheme and is used to select NRZ and PAM4 signaling.
- This is the GTM channel line rate for given modulation scheme. For PAM4, the values range from 19.6 Gbps to 58 Gbps and for NRZ GTM linerate range is from 9.8 Gbps to 29 Gbps.
- This is the hardened RS-FEC usage. If this parameter is set to BYPASS, GTM bypasses the hardened FEC block. To use FEC, set this parameter to KP4.
- This is the GTM interface width and this property is added for future use. As of now, the interface width is derived from MODULON_MODE.
- This is the equalization mode. The value of this parameter should be less than or equal to 10 dB for Low Power mode and greater 10 dB for High Performance mode.
- This is the amplitude of TX driver's differential swing and the valid values are 250, 275, 300, …, 1000, and1025.
The GTM Debug mode is determined by the attribute
is the ACJTAG_EN bit for each channel and is used to determine whether ACJTAG is active
The following figure is an example of Report Power output for GTM.