You can use the Debug Probes window to rename debug probes that belong to an ILA or VIO core. You can rename the debug probes and add them to an existing Waveform Viewer for the core, or you can add them to the various trigger and/or capture windows of the ILA Dashboard. These names could be the custom, long or short name associated with the debug probe.
To perform these operations, right-click an ILA/VIO core's debug probe(s) and select one of the following:
- Prompts you to rename the probe to a custom name.
- Allows you to select the long, short, or custom name of the
debug probe. Subsequent references to the debug probe in the Vivado IDE window uses the name that you selected.
- Displays the full hierarchical name of the signal or bus being probed.
- Displays the name of the signal or bus being probed.
- Displays the custom name given to the signal or bus when renamed.