The display type of VIO output probes can be set by right-clicking a VIO output probe in the VIO Probes window of the VIO Dashboard window and selecting one of the following.
- Displays the output as a text field. This is the only display type for VIO input probe vectors (more than one bit wide).
- Toggle Button
- Displays the output as a graphical representation of a toggle button. This display type is only applicable to VIO output probe scalars and individual elements of VIO input probe vectors.
When the display type of the VIO output probe is set to Text, you can change the radix by right-clicking a VIO output probe in the VIO Cores tabbed view of the Debug Probes window and selecting:
- to change the radix to binary.
- to change the radix to octal.
- to change the radix to hexadecimal.
- to change the radix to unsigned decimal.
- to change the radix to signed decimal.
You can also set the radix of the VIO output probe using a Tcl command. For instance, to change the radix of a VIO output probe called “vio_slice5_fb_2” to hexadecimal, run the following Tcl command:
set_property OUTPUT_VALUE_RADIX HEX [get_hw_probes vio_slice5_fb_2]