The ILA core can be configured at core generation or insertion time to have advanced trigger capabilities that include the following features:
- Trigger state machine consisting of up to 16 states.
- Each state can consist of one-, two-, or three-way conditional branching.
- Up to four counters can be used in a trigger state machine program to keep track of multiple events.
- Up to four flags can be used in a trigger state machine program to indicate when certain branches are taken.
- The state machine can execute "goto", "trigger", and various counter- and flag-related actions.
If the ILA core in the design that is running in the hardware device has advanced trigger capabilities, the advanced trigger mode features can be enabled by setting the Trigger mode control in the ILA Properties window of the ILA Dashboard to ADVANCED_ONLY or ADVANCED_OR_TRIG_IN.