Vivado Design Suite creates an .lpr file at project startup and populates this file with appropriate details when you use the Hardware Manager to program and/or debug the design in the project. This file is located in the project_name.hw directory and is named project_name.lpr. This project file can be opened in the Vivado Lab Edition.
Typical flow would entail:
- Click the Open Project icon on the Vivado Lab Edition start page.
- Traverse to the project_name.hw directory, which is located inside the Vivado IDE project directory
- Select the .lpr project file inside the project_name.hw directory and click OK.
- Connect to your hardware.
- Program and debug with the correct device image file and .ltx file from the appropriate Vivado runs directory
- User preferences, runtime manager debug dashboard, and window settings are restored at project open.