- Open the Vivado IDE.
- Click Create Project, and click
- Set your project name, and specify the project directory. Click Next.
- Select Project type as RTL project.
- Select do not specify sources at this time checked, and click Next.
- To choose the board, click the board icon, and select Zynq UltraScale+ ZCU102 Evaluation board, with
Board Rev 1.0. Click Next.
- The project summary displays. To create the project, click Finish.
- In the Flow Navigator, select
Create Block Design. You can specify
the design name and directory, but it is not necessary for a local project
directory. Click OK to create the block
- An empty design diagram is displayed. Click the Add IP button to add IP. Select the IP based on the selected
board (for the ZCU102 evaluation board, search for
Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC) and double-click the selected IP.
- In the design diagram window, select Run Block
Automation. Click OK to
continue creating the ZCU102 design.
- When the design diagram appears, use the following steps to validate the
pl_clk0, as shown in the following figure.
maxihpm0_fpd_aclkand drag it to
maxihpm1_fpd_aclkand drag it to
- Right-click the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC block and select Validate
Design to validate the design. It says validation is
successful. Click OK.
- Customize the design by double-clicking the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC block and configuring the parameters.
There are four valid GT configurations for the ZCU102 board, as shown in the
Table 1. Supported PS-GTR Connector Functionality SEL (S3,2,1,0) ICM Settings (Lane 0,1,2,3) PCIe Connector DP Connector USB Connector SATA Connector 0 0 0 0 PCIe.0, PCIe.1, PCIe.2, PCIe.3 PCIe Gen2 x4 N.C. N.C. N.C. 1 1 1 1 DP.1, DP.0, USB, SATA N.C. DP.0, DP.1 USB0 SATA1 1 1 0 0 PCIe.0, PCIe.1, USB, SATA PCIe Gen2 x2 N.C. USB0 SATA1 1 1 1 0 PCIe.0, DP.0, USB, SATA PCIe Gen2 x1 DP.0 USB0 SATA1
- Select the settings based on your requirements by double-clicking the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC block to customize GT Lane configuration.
. Select one of the four combinations using the settings in the
PCIe – Display Port - USB - SATA
(Default Vivado preset)
PCIe–PCIe - USB - SATA
- Display Port – Display Port - USB - SATA
PCIe–PCIe - PCIe -
PCIe (PCIe x4)
- PCIe – Display Port - USB - SATA (Default Vivado preset)