- In the Flow Navigator, click IP
The IP catalog opens.
- In the search field of the IP catalog type
IBERT, to display the IBERT 7 series GTX IP.
- Double-click IBERT 7 series GTX IP. This brings up the customization GUI for the IBERT.
- In the Customize IP dialog box, choose the following options in the Protocol
- Type the name of the component in the Component Name field. In this case, leave the name as the default name, ibert_7series_gtx_0.
- Ensure that the Silicon Version is selected as General ES/Production.
- Ensure that the Number of Protocols option is set to 1.
- Change the LineRate (Gb/s) to 8.
- Change DataWidth to 40.
- Change Refclk (MHz) to 125.
- Ensure that the Quad Count is set to 2.
- Ensure Quad PLL box is selected.
- Under the Protocol Selection tab, update the following selections:
- For GTX Location QUAD_117, in the Protocol Selected column, click the pull-down menu and select Custom 1 / 8 Gbps. This should automatically populate Refclk Selection to MGTREFCLK0 117 and TXUSRCLK Source to Channel 0.
- For GTX Location QUAD_118, do the following:
- In the Protocol Selected column, click the pull-down menu and select Custom 1 / 8 Gbps.
- In the Refclk Selection column, change the value to MGTREFCLK0 117.
- In the TXUSRCLK Source column, change the value to Channel 0.
- Click the Clock Settings tab and make the following
changes for both QUAD_117 and QUAD_118:
- Leave the Source column at its default value of External.
- Change the I/O Standard column to DIFF SSTL15.
- Change the P Package Pin to AD12.
- Change the N Package Pin to AD11.
- Leave the Frequency (MHz) at its default value of 200.00.
- Click the Summary tab and ensure that the content matches the following
figure, click OK.
- When the Generate Output Products dialog box opens, click Generate.
- In the Sources window, right-click the IP, and select Open IP Example Design.
- In the Open IP Example Design dialog box, and specify the location of your
project directory. Ensure that the Overwrite existing example project is
selected and click OK.Note: This opens a new instance of Vivado IDE with the new example design opened.