- Connect the target board to your computer and power the board on. Connect to both micro-USB ports for JTAG and UART connections.
- Program the configuration memory device (QSPI).
- Open the Vivado Hardware Manager and connect to the target board.
- Right-click on the device and select Add Configuration Memory Device.
- Select the Micron mt25qu01g that supports x1, x2 and x4 modes.
- When prompted, add a programming file. The target file is the dfx_prom.mcs from the Bitstreams folder in the project directory.
- After the PROM has been programmed, use the PROG button to reconfigure the
FPGA from this boot flash.
The push buttons can control actions in the FPGA design. The left and right buttons load shift left and shift right partial bitstreams, respectively. The up and down buttons load count up and count down partials, respectively. Do not push the center button yet.