- Open the AMD Vivado™ IDE. In the Tcl Console, navigate to the folder where the tutorial archive has been unzipped. The source files and scripts for this tutorial reside in the \ipi_bdc_dfx_versal folder.
- Source the first Tcl script to create a flat version of the
design that will target the
This script performs a few tasks:
- Creates a new project for a VCK190 target
- Adds and customizes a collection of IP
- Connects the IP within the block design
- Validates and saves the block design
The create_top_bd.tcl script was generated from an existing block design by calling write_bd_tcl -no_ip_version. The only modification made to this script was to customize the project name from the default.The following figure shows the initial block design.
The following figure shows the initial design hierarchy.