Once the partially reconfigurable design is in operation, you can connect to and communicate with the core to check status, deliver triggers, and make modifications.
- Prepare the VCU108 board for programming.
- Connect the JTAG port (J106) to your computer via the micro-USB connection.
- Set the configuration mode to 010 (BPI) by setting the Address DIP Switch (SW16) to 00010 (bit 4 is high).
- Turn on the power to the board.
- Open the AMD Vivado™ IDE.
- Select .
- Click on the Open Target link and select Auto Connect. The AMD Virtex™ UltraScale™ VU095 device will be recognized.
- To program the BPI configuration flash, right-click the device (xcvu095_0) and select Add Configuration Memory Device.
- From the list shown, select the Micron flash 28f00ag18f and click OK twice.
- In the Configuration file field,
search the tutorial directory for dfx_prom.mcs found in the bitstreams
subdirectory. Click OK to select this
file, and then click OK to program the
At this point, the board is ready to operate with the tutorial design. Any power-cycle or hard reset automatically programs the Virtex UltraScale FPGA with this sample design.