This block is listed in the following Xilinx® Blockset libraries: Math, Floating-Point, Basic Elements and Index.
The Xilinx Absolute block outputs the absolute value of the input.
The block parameters dialog box can be invoked by double-clicking the icon in your Simulink® model.
- Basic tab
- This parameter allows you to specify the output
precision for fixed-point arithmetic. Floating point arithmetic
output will always be Full precision.
- The block uses sufficient precision to represent the result without error.
- User Defined
- If you do not need full precision, this option allows you to specify a reduced number of total bits and/or fractional bits.
- Fixed-point Output Type
- Arithmetic type
- Signed (2’s comp)
- The output is a Signed (2’s complement) number.
- The output is an Unsigned number.
- Fixed-point Precision
- Number of bits
- Specifies the bit location of the binary point of the output number, where bit zero is the least significant bit.
- Binary point
- Position of the binary point. in the fixed-point output.
Refer to the section Overflow and Quantization.
- Refer to the section Overflow and Quantization.
Other parameters used by this block are explained in the topic Common Options in Block Parameter Dialog Boxes.