Perform the following steps to create a new embedded project for the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC. A brief description is covered in this section. Step-by-step instructions can be found in Appendix A . For detailed elaboration on each step, refer to the UltraScale+ MPSoC: Embedded Design Tutorial (UG1209) [Ref 5] for further details.
1. Open up Vivado ® Design Suite and create the hardware design required for the Zynq UltraScale+ ZCU102 Evaluation Board. The PL is not required for this lab so all the PS-PL interfaces are disabled and no bitstream is exported.
2. Export the hardware and launch Xilinx Vitis® IDE from within the Vivado Design Suite.
3. Create a platform project using the XSA file exported from Vivado. The platform projects will automatically create ZCU102_XAPP1333 platform that includes standalone domain BSP, first stage boot loader projects called zynqmp_fsbl and zynqmp_pmufw along with their associated Board Support Packages named zynqmp_fsbl_bsp and zynqmp_pmufw_bsp running respectively on the ARM Cortex-A53 processor in the APU domain and TMR MicroBaze processor in the PMU domain.
4. Build the platform, including zynqmp_fsbl and zynqmp_pmufw, by right-clicking on the ZCU102_XAPP1333 platform and select Project -> Build Project from the main menu.
5. Create a HelloWorld project to verify the hardware and software setup before proceeding.